Welcome to Wonderful Wednesdays, a series on my blog where each week I share an inspiring video along with some of my favourite links from that particular week! I hope you enjoy what you find here, and if you have any awesome links you would like to share – feel free to leave them in the comments section below! :)
A brilliant speech by Neil Gaiman found here.
The links I’m loving this week? Check them out below:
- I so want to create a frame collage in my room just like this one :)
- This is a MUST-SEE! Underground New York Public Library. A photographer ventures around the NYC subway and photographs people who are reading, then posts the photo along with the book title and information! This is a MUST-SEE! Found thanks to The Photog’s Helper!
- Do you think Instagram is dead thanks to the new Facebook Photo App? Simply Zesty seems to think so.
- Better living through creativity. I adored watching this video, he is so right. We create our circumstances. “We do have the capacity to turn our lives into a work of art, why shouldn’t we?” LOVE!
- “How to create stunning backgrounds” Posts like these really resonate with me. I completely know the power of using an “alright” location with beautiful lighting and creating something totally unexpected! (Thanks to blog reader, Mandi, for sharing!)
- “Kill your fear of dreaming big” I love all the points in this post, reminded me to step out of my comfort zone and embrace it!
- Photographer friend Rachel Joy Baransi has created a beautiful video called “how i met your mother: stories of love in unexpected places.” I loved it.
- Thanks to Marie Forleo’s B-School iCal is now my new addiction, I have become so organised and efficient with my time! I even download QuickCal to make adding events on my laptop quicker! I’ve even been getting iCal tips & hints *blush* one. two. three.
- I love what Seth Godin says on the danger of competing on low price. BAM! And a funnier price related post!
- Speaking of creative videos, check out this one by one of my favourite photographers!
- Seriously? This photographer, Vanessa Paxton, is amazing. Check it out.
- Aww how cute is this love story?
- I loooove when people share their favourites with the world, if we all shared the awesomeness we found the world would be a a better place!
- These photos are dreamy and psychedelic, baby ;)
- I am loving Phlearn’s Photography Reading List!
- As of right now my office is my home, so when I saw this post giving tips to those of us who work from home I did a little jump for joy. My favourite tip? Getting up earlier. Normally I start my work day at 9. This has made me consider starting at 7 instead.
- This guy does some awesome work in Photoshop to create these striking images, check them out and don’t forget to translate it to English :)
- THIS IS WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT! When I go on and on about originality and standing out from the crowd? These guys nail it and make me want to watch them live!
- How to prep for a photo shoot. Love this post!
- “Women live in a dream world“ Interesting post by Sue Bryce on the emotion your images evoke.
- Wow, check out this gorgeous wedding photography by Jeff Newsom.
- Interested in blogging? “I think what makes a good blogger is someone that blogs about what they love, what inspires them… over what they *think* they should be blogging about.” Fantastic interview with a wonderful blogger.
- One photo every hour for a whole day? Love this idea.
- Create Because You Can. A lovely post by miss Jasmine Star.
- Loving Amanda Pratt Photography this week. Both her personal work and professional work.
- Is this not the cutest video ever? Oh how I love them.
- 15 lessons from 41 years – I LOVED this video found thanks to Gala Darling!
Loving this remix of Somebody That I Used to Know: