Welcome to Wonderful Wednesdays, a series on my blog where each week I share an inspiring video along with some of my favourite links from that particular week! I hope you enjoy what you find here, and if you have any awesome links you would like to share – feel free to leave them in the comments section below! :)
I love this video, it reminds me that failure is a part of life and must be embraced as motivation and inspiration instead of recognised as a sign to quit. I hope that you have no fear of failure, it happens to the best of us.
This week I made a request on twitter asking people to recommend me books that changed their lives. The response was awesome, but the most intriguing one was recommended to me by Kisha [[check out her blog, it's pure awesomness]]. It was a book called, “Who Will Cry When You Die” by Robin Sharma. I am LOVING it so far and I strongly recommend you to buy it and read it! Here is an excerpt from the book that I think really applies to the above video:
“…. And understand that if you have failed more than others, there is a very good chance you are living more completely than others. Those who take more chances and dare to be more and do more than others will naturally experience more failures. But personally, I would rather have the bravery to try something and then fail than never to have tried it at all. I would much prefer spending the rest of my days expanding my human frontiers and trying to make the seemingly impossible probable than live a life of comfort, security and mediocrity. That’s the essence of true success.”
*Sigh* That’s my kind of book for sure! Thanks Kisha!
- Inspired to share’s interview with one of my favourites, Anda Marie, about her dream job! Loving it!
- The street views google wasn’t expecting you to see.
- I found this video on my search for today’s inspiring video and was wowed by it – makes me feel so beautifully small and like a part of something much bigger. I love it.
- One of my favourite photographers being interviewed by one of my favourite bloggers? Yes please.
- Moment Junkie First Annual Contest Results – Priceless images! I loved these!
- Freelance=Unemployed starving artist?!?!? – A great post by Promise Tangeman, I can so relate!
- Loving these freebies from “Our Paper Shop”! They have currently designed my desktop background and ipad background! YAY!
- 19 refreshingly different photography website designs.
- Self Control. I’ve mentioned it before, but have been using it non stop this week to keep me on track when need be! :) Goodbye distractions!
- Before I die - what is important to you?
- An alternative to Photoshop’s liquify that I never knew of! YAY!
- Why I tearfully deleted my Pinterest boards – This made me so sad to read, but I don’t think I’ll be able to tear myself away from Pinterest! :(
- The cost of doing business – I’ve heard so many people talking about pricing lately, thought this was interesting.