I absolutely love Dane Sanders and all of the interviews that he puts together, I could get lost in them forever and ever. But this one with the amazing Shelene Bryan really speaks to me, really grabs me and inspires me to be the best I can be without getting distracted. It inspires me to keep my eyes on the right things in life. It’s half an hour long – if you’re looking for a shorter version check out the TED version here. It’s a beautiful video, and even if you don’t get the chance to watch the whole thing I definitely recommend that you all head over to Skip 1 and skip something this week so that you can donate!
“See, I think we get so busy trying to keep up our standard of living, especially here in America, that we’re not living at all… Because if you found out today that one of your kids had cancer, or your wife was dying – What will stop you? What makes you break? What makes you put that phone down? Get off twitter? Turn off the computer? What is that for you? Everybody has that. And I guarantee it’s not money. Money’s not doing that. So who’s in control of that? I am.” – Shelene Bryan
- I thought this would be the perfect link to share after the video above. Here’s my friend, Adam Allen, doing his share for the world, doing his part in helping others. It’s very inspiring.
- I’m loving this 60 minutes video on Steve Jobs. Very insightful.
- I never saw this until now, but I’m so flattered that blogging queen, Annabel of Love My Dress, listed my blog as one of her favourite non-wedding blogs. That’s a huge compliment!
- Time Out: On the importance of taking a little time just for you. Very inspirational!
- Have you ever wondered what the Disney Princesses would look like in real life?! Look no further :)
- I am loving these gorgeous photos by Yulia Gorodinksi, the colours are incredible.
- Pencil vs Camera – Half photo, half drawing – very creative idea!
- 10 things you should be able to say before you die.
- I’m absolutely loving where “Help Portrait” is going, and what they have achieved so far.
What links have you guys found and loved this week? Share them below, friends! And as Shelene says above – do what blows you up inside, do what you’re passionate about doing. Do what you were born to do and come alive while doing it.
Big love and hugs